Sigma assists with community healthcare facility upgrade
The Westside Healthcare Association provides health and dental care services to inner city neighborhoods at two locations in Milwaukee. The facility on West Lisbon Avenue was slated to be replaced with a new 30,000-square-foot, three-story clinic building with demolition of an existing building for surface parking, patient drop-off and a service drive on a space constrained site.
Planning of the site included native landscaping. The Sigma Group provided site surveying and civil engineering services for the project from the design development phase through construction.
Services provided by Sigma included:
- Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessment
- Pre-demolition hazardous material inspection, demolition and abatement contract documents
- Mold evaluation / moisture intrusion investigation and mitigation plan
- Mold and moisture material removal oversight and clearance
- Preparation of ALTA/ACSM Land Title Survey of the project site
- Coordination of soil borings and geotechnical report
- Participation in design development and final design meetings
- Coordination with project architect, owner and other design trades
- Preparation of site construction documents