Sigma provides various services for global manufacturer
wisconsin and michigan
Wacker Neuson, one of the leading manufacturers of construction equipment, retained The Sigma Group to benchmark the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) performance for two production facilities and a logistics/warehouse facility located in Wisconsin and Michigan. Manufacturing operations consist of machining, engine testing, welding, surface coating, and assembly.
The assessment process focused on the following key elements:
- Legislative and regulatory requirements
- Examination of existing EHS management practices and procedures
- EHS best practices and opportunities for improvement
The process of evaluating the EHS programs and requirements for the facilities included an in-depth tour of each facility; thorough review of existing programs, procedures, and documentation; and interviews of key personnel.
Identify Gaps and Reporting Findings
Results of the EHS program assessment were provided in a Findings Report, which consisted of a detailed discussion of the status of each of the individual programs, a gap analysis, and an action item list. Each of the environmental action items was assigned a priority ranking (e.g. high, medium, low, etc.) in order to assist with the prioritization of addressing corrective actions.
Following the assessment process, Sigma provided assistance with a number of the EHS corrective actions and obligations, including the following:
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans
- Storm Water permit application, permit exemption, and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Wastewater discharge evaluations and monitoring
- Hazardous waste reporting
- SARA reporting
- Air emissions evaluation
- Industrial hygiene monitoring