Sigma assists with hotel demolition, inspection, and abatement
stevens point, wisconsin
The Sigma Group performed pre-acquisition Phase I and II activities at the 13-acre former Ramada Stevens Point Hotel (historically a 300-room Holiday Inn Holidome with atrium, pool, ballroom, convention/expo, restaurant and laundry facilities) for Sentry Insurance. The Phase I identified off-site RECs with the potential to impact the subject property. Upon the recommendation of Sigma, Phase II activities were completed to evaluate the identified RECs. Impacted soil was identified during due diligence activities.
Sigma performed asbestos, hazardous materials, and lead-based paint inspections, as well as the following activities:
Coordinated liquidation of hotel contents:
- Located liquidators and auctioneers with appropriate experience.
- Developed liquidation specifications and bidding documents, bid the project and recommended the preferred contractor.
- Coordinated hotel content liquidation with the owner and contractor. Verified that hotel contents were removed in accordance with the specifications, did not disturb asbestos / hazardous materials, and that buyers did not remove or salvage more than they purchased.
Prepared abatement and demolition specifications and bidding documents:
- Invited qualified contractors to bid
- Reviewed bids and recommended a preferred contractor for project award
Services during abatement and demolition:
- Verified that identified asbestos and hazardous materials were properly removed and recycled/disposed.
- Performed air clearance monitoring to verify that containment areas were effectively abated
- Performed outdoor ambient air monitoring to verify that site activities were not impacting outdoor air
- Coordinated reuse of concrete/masonry fill at an off-site fill location with WDNR environmental and stormwater personnel and owner
- Managed/negotiated change orders
- Documented recycling/disposal volumes and locations