Sigma represents owner for MLB ballpark construction project
SE Wisconsin professional baseball park district
As owner’s representative for the Southeast Wisconsin Professional Baseball Park District (SEWPBPD), The Sigma Group was responsible for overall project management of the design and construction for the American Family Field project. Key personnel for Sigma were Ken Kaszubowski, PE, as Stadium Manager and Chris Raykowski, PE, as Infrastructure Manager with support by other Sigma staff as needed.
Primary owner’s representation activities included:
- Monitoring and review of design and construction activities to maintain schedule and budget (manage bi-weekly owner / architect / contractor meetings).
- Coordinating owner questions or concerns (manage weekly Project Coordination Team meetings) to design and construction teams along with agency coordination.
- Reviewing contract scope of services, schedules and costs for various elements of design and construction for the overall project.
- Reviewing design and construction documents (award recommendations, change orders) to meet project description and program intent.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly progress reports and making presentations to the District Board, Construction, Finance and Participation committees.
- Reviewing design and construction requests for payment.
- Assisting in developing and preparing annual operating budgets and cash flow projections.
- Coordinating overall project commissioning and move-in.
Other activities have involved contributions to value engineering and management of all post-accident activities. Sigma is currently functioning as the American Family Field Facilities Manager acting on behalf of the SEWPBPD. American Family Field is a 1.2 million-square-foot (SF) sports and entertainment facility that also includes the following areas:
- 30,000 SF of office space for team management and operations. Offices are located on four levels of the ballpark.
- 2,000 SF of retail space in two “Fan Zone” stores.
- 15,000 SF of restaurant and banquet facilities; TGIF Front Row restaurant, .300 Club Restaurant and Home Plate Bar.