Sigma completes master stormwater plan
The Sigma Group was retained by the Redevelopment Authority of the City of Milwaukee to provide services for stormwater management planning and master plan development for the Century City site (formerly Tower Automotive) demolition and redevelopment. The approximately 50-acre site was previously owned and operated by A.O. Smith and Tower Automotive. The site is located in Milwaukee’s 30th Street Corridor surrounded by a mixed residential and industrial setting.
Once an industrial hub with thousands of jobs filled by neighboring residents, the site became vacant and a blight on the surrounding area. To address the immediate risks associated with the vacant and deteriorating property, the City of Milwaukee acquired the parcel in 2006 and has since moved forward with demolition and redevelopment of the site into a modern and sustainable business park.
Sigma has assisted the City of Milwaukee with the following stormwater management activities:
- Completed sewer mapping and topographic survey of the property.
- Master stormwater management planning for the site redevelopment included:
- Evaluating best management practices (BMPs) and alternatives for managing stormwater including porous pavements, green roofs, biofiltration areas and other state-of-the-art techniques.
- Designed biofiltration facilities and stormwater detention areas to serve the redevelopment.
- Prepared stormwater management plans for City, MMSD, and WDNR review and approvals.
- Assisted the City with construction management and administration services associated with the construction of stormwater management BMPs.