The Sigma Group, Inc. has a need for a Project Geospatial (UAS) Engineer with experience in data acquisition using unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
A qualified candidate should have minimum 3 years of experience providing data acquisition, geospatial analysis, volumetric calculations using Pix4D software. Most of the data acquisition will support the survey and civil engineering staff with site development and other civil engineering design and analysis.
Other necessary skills include:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, or similar Degree preferred, but not required
- Experience with civil engineering and land surveying deliverables.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Pix4D.
- Comfort with field work and strong communication skills
- FAA License for UAS
- Experience with Project Management
Responsibilities will include:
- Solid understanding of civil engineering and surveying drafting techniques
- Assist with laser scanning data acquisition and processing
- Knowledge in areas of engineering and surveying: laser scanning, UASs, land surveying, 3D modeling, construction processes
- Effective communication: Ability to effectively communicate relevant technologies and trends
- Planning and coordination of project-specific UAS flights
- Processing of photogrammetry data
- Managing other pilots and UAS equipment
- Helping develop new UAS services
- Assisting with other survey deliverables
The Sigma Group, Inc. is a growing civil and environmental engineering firm located near downtown Milwaukee, in the Menomonee Valley. This position is a special opportunity for a project engineer to join a growing firm that has been involved in much of the recent large development in the area. Sigma rewards engineers for value brought to the firm and our clients; therefore, we are searching for an engineer that is willing to take on extra responsibilities and engage with Clients.
Sigma strives to employ and retain highly motivated and passionate industry-leading professionals who want to make a difference.
Interested candidates: Send us your resume!
We offer a comprehensive benefit program including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salary based on value of skills
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- ESOP Company Ownership
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
The Sigma Group is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.